Tim Morgan, Sullexis’ Managing Director, will be presenting at the PNEC conference in Houston, TX on May 23, 2018. The conference will share real-world issues, best practices, developments, and cross-discipline advances that address complex data applications plus the direction of future technologies across the E&P.
Tim will be presenting the topic “Empowering Reservoir Engineers to Make Better Decisions: Leveraging Big Data Technology to Provide Insights in Seconds.”
His presentation will cover how Reservoir Engineers need insights that help them make multi-million-dollar decisions such as where a well should be drilled and how it should be completed to produce the most oil.
• What completion are techniques producing the best results?
• How are proppant and fluid volumes changing in a formation?
• Are these changes producing noticeable results? Is a competitor that is known for certain techniques performing well or poorly?
• Which operators are performing well and why?
• Which areas are generating an unexpectedly high number of sidetracks by other Operators?
• Where and how are other Operators creating multi-laterals?
• How were they completed?
Discovering those insights takes significant effort, time, knowledge and analytic horsepower; one must analyze past results and identify new trends by using a variety of sources and types of data: State data, 3rd party data providers, JV partners, Vendors, Competitors, Internal Systems Structured data in databases, Unstructured data such as images and PDFs, Semi-structured such as Excel and any solution must set the stage to create value for the rest of the organization.
Learn how one Operator implemented a Competitor Intelligence Portal to provide insights to Reservoir Engineers within seconds.
Utilizing a familiar UI, similar to VRBO, Airbnb or Hotels.com, the user is able to adjust a search criteria slider and the map will display the relevant wells. Hover over a well to see its information and click to access well files, performance curves, and other available details.
The solution seamlessly integrates public, private, structured and unstructured data sources while setting the stage to quickly expand and add additional use cases.