Our client had inefficient workflows for ensuring the effectiveness of process safety barriers including SIS (Safety Instrumented Systems), SRA’s (Safety Related Alarms), BPCS (Basic Process Control System) Interlocks and Fire and Gas Detection
These workflows used a mix of systems, hard copy data collection and manual collation which created multiple sources of truth for performance standards,an inadequate system of record for the “as found/as left” data and hindered analysis capabilities.
Therefore any analyses were inconsistent and led to substantial non-value work. In addition, safety audits identified defects in the recording and analysis of as found and as left barrier condition monitoring
Challenges associated with the solution included:
- Ability for the application to run on an intrinsically safe tablet while disconnected from the internet
- Provide region-specific customization to support local regulatory requirements
- Need to sync before and after site visits to ensure accuracy and completeness of the data
The Sullexis team worked closely with the client to define the requirements and performance needs and used an Agile methodology to ensure that the most valuable functionality was delivered earlier and more frequently.
Utilizing Microsoft PowerApps and Sharepoint, the Maintenance Recording Analysis Tool (MRAT) integrates SAP-PM testing schedule and runs on a hand-held device. Field technicians complete test record forms based on the actual findings/work status against the corrective and/or preventive work orders (Maintenance Recording)Once completed, the data is seamlessly analyzed (Analysis Tool) across all data entered globally to provide consistent reliability/integrity analyses.
Key components include:
- Data integration with SAP PM for generated Maintenance Orders that direct Technician activity
- PowerApp designed/delivered recording application that supports consistent data entry of all required data elements in the field on intrinsically safe tablet
- Data integration with SQL Server for summarizing results across the global to provide statistically significant data for improving testing
With the delivery of the MRAT application and supporting process our client has:
- Improved process safety risk management
- Provided a single source of truth for device performance standards
- Facilitated efficient access to maintenance and engineering data which allows increased visibility of equipment performance through deeper data analysis
- Removed inefficient/paper-based processes and improved maintenance resource allocation
Sullexis was able to deploy the reports for use on schedule and on budget. During that project, the client added additional reports to the scope as a result of the team’s performance. This brought the final report count to 450. The business was able to seamlessly transition from the old reports to the new without impact on their daily operation. New reports from additional data sources are currently being identified to add to the SSRS report repository as part of their larger business strategy. Filed Under: Case Studies, Uncategorized