Sullexis kicked off a major new initiative for a premier independent E&P company to revamp their Offshore employee bonus program, resulting in the creation of an Offshore Bonus Calculation Engine and reporting dashboard to enable the program.
- The new program would be based on key performance measures in four distinct categories: Health and Safety, Financial Performance, Well Production Performance, and Individual Performance. Each scored factor would contribute to the calculated bonus for each offshore employee
- The KPI’s would need to be derived from five disparate systems including, an Odata API to a third party hosted system, three separate SQL Server instances, and CSV/Excel files.
- This meant managers would need a way to visualize measurement calculations and approve final bonusesThe client would need a real-time interactive dashboard for employees to see how their bonuses are affected by the underlying metrics.
In an accelerated six-week effort, a small team developed a Power Bi dashboard solution that gathered and reported the supporting detail for each measurement and produced real-time bonus scores for each employee. The solution also provided three separate real-time reporting dashboards for the key measurements in Health and Safety, Financial Performance, and Well Production Performance, per facility in the Gulf of Mexico.
Key Components Include
- Seven key measurements derived from data located in the five data sources.A cross-reference mechanism built to allow users to associate data elements from the various systems.
- A bonus calculation dashboard designed to be data-driven so that the weighted factors could be adjusted by management.
- Workflow automation to load data from disparate sources into a relational table model which allowed data to be joined across sources.
- The dashboard brings to life the vision that upper management had of managers and employees having real-time access to measurements of the key factors the company wants to focus on.
- Management can now quickly see facilities that are excelling or falling behind on key factors in health and safety, financial performance, or production performance.
- Employees can go to the dashboard for real-time feedback on those factors affecting their personal bonuses.